Online: Use code carlyle10 to save 10% off your purchase!
In-store: Say "Carlyle" at checkout to save 10% off your purchase!
This post is sponsored by Village Dermatology. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Today I'm going to tell you all about my recent experience with Village Dermatology, a practice located in Mountain Brook, Alabama. About a month ago, I went in for my very first skin care consultation. The first thing I saw upon entering the building was the skincare boutique, which may I mention was so clean and well decorated. Not only did that impress me, but from the moment I entered the boutique the staff were so kind and welcoming. I have never previously had a skincare consultation so I didn't really know what to expect, but the experience far exceeded my expectations. We began the consultation by taking (x-ray like) pictures of my face. This was by far the coolest part of the appointment because the pictures showed, in detail, what my skin looked like underneath the surface. They explained to me what exactly the pictures meant and identified where my problem areas were. During this process I learned how important a skin care routine with medical-grade products truly is. A product is considered medical-grade when only physician offices are allowed to sell them, because they contain a higher amount of concentration of active ingredients. These types of products are made to prevent dark spots, wrinkles, etc. from coming to the surface of your skin as you age. Next, one of their skin care experts came in to explain which products would be best suited for me based on my age and skin type. She was extremely knowledgable and wrote out an entire routine for me to do in the morning and at night. She then touched on what each product did and how exactly they would each benefit me. The process was SO easy!!!
Up until now I have only purchased skin care products from retail stores, mainly because of the reliatively low cost and convenience. Although they have seem to have done the trick on the surface of my skin, I had no idea that it was even more important to choose products that also benefit what is underneath. In the past I have been intimidated by medical-grade skincare products, mainly because as a recent college graduate, I didn't think I could afford them. During my visit to Village Dermatology the staff explained to me that they actually accommodate for any budget, which was so great to hear. I can honestly say that even just a few months into using these products, I can see a world of difference. Not only that, but other people have been noticing too. My skin is softer than it has ever been and truly has that "glowing" look that everyone talks about. Below I am going to list the products that I use during my skincare routine and touch a little bit on what exactly they do + give you a bit more information about Village Dermatology and the other services they offer. I'm also planning on posting a tutorial on my Instagram stories in the next couple of weeks showing you how I use my Skin Medica products each morning and night. Stay tuned!!
About the Products:
- Exfoliating Cleaner
TNS Essential Serum
- All-in-one skin rejuvenating serum
- #1 best-seller, holy grail product
- Contains growth factors that improve fine lines and wrinkles, skin tone and texture
- Pigment correcting serum, good for hyper-pigmentation and some acne scars
- Great for all skin tones and safe during pregnancy (other pigment serums are not great to use during pregnancy)
- Enhances skin’s moisture barrier to improve dry skin
- Nourishes and rehydrates skin
Total Defense + Repair
- Anti-aging sunscreen
- UVA/UVB protection plus Infrared protection, or heat rays (Most sunscreens only have UVA/UVB)
- Improves the appearance of photo-damage
- Encourages cell turnover
- You should only use this a couple times a week
- Not safe for pregnant women
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) serum with 5 types of HA’s
- Immediate hydration and smoothing
About Village Dermatology:
- 5 doctors that do medical, cosmetic, pediatric and surgical dermatology
- 1 Physician Assistant that sees medical and pediatric patients
- 2 Aestheticians that do facials, laser hair removal, etc.
- 1 Body Sculpting Specialist that performs fat removal procedures like CoolSculpting and Vanquish
- They have 3 skincare experts on staff who have experience with all skin types, ages and conditions
- Skincare Boutique which carries mineral makeup and Trish McEvoy's makeup line coming soon!
Main website: www.villagedermatology.net
Online store: www.store.villagedermatology.net