I’ve had so many requests for this post and almost all of you voted for it on my Instagram story poll the other day. I completely understand why because finding tops that are long enough to wear with leggings is such a struggle! I know we all practically live in our leggings during the fall and the winter because they are so much more comfortable than pants.
So today let’s talk ALL about leggings, how to style them and what to wear with them!
5 TIPS FOR STYLING LEGGINGS:
Make sure your leggings are made of thick enough material and aren’t see-through.
What ever you decide to wear on top needs to cover your rear end.
Wear the proper underwear (so you won’t have a panty line showing)!
Wearing a loose fitting top or cardigan balances out the tight fitted leggings.
Longer leggings rather than cropped makes you look taller and more polished.
Layer to dress up the look! Example would be throwing on a longer cardigan or jacket on top of a basic white tee- Then adding a scarf to finish it off.
MY FAVORITE BLACK LEGGINGS:
TOPS TO WEAR WITH LEGGINGS:
TUNICS: Tunics are the perfect tops to wear with leggings. Why? Because they are longer and cover the rear end, DUH! I’ve rounded up some super cute tunic tops for you guys below.
2. BOYFRIEND TEES + TOPS: Any type of oversized tee or top is acceptable to wear with leggings. If you want to wear a shorter top that doesn’t cover your behind, you can simply layer the look by throwing on a longer cardigan, vest or jacket that does cover your bottom to make up for it.
3. SWEATERS + HOODIES: I’ve found some super cute sweaters and hoodies that are long enough to wear with leggings below. I think wearing a hoodie layered with a vest is an adorable combo to pair with leggings.
4. CARDIGANS + DUSTERS: Throwing on a longer cardigan or a duster on top of a shorter top makes for a cute layered look and still provides that necessary booty coverage.
5. OVERSIZED PLAID & CHAMBRAY SHIRTS: Plaid and chambray tops are the perfect look for fall and winter. I think layering a chambray top with a cardigan or adding a vest to a plaid top would be adorable!
6. PONCHOS, VESTS & WRAPS: Ponchos, vests and wraps are the perfect pieces to wear with leggings. They also make for a super cute layered look when thrown on over a basic long sleeve tee for example.
SHOES TO WEAR WITH LEGGINGS:
OTK (over the knee) Boots
Ankle Boots / Booties
A FEW OF MY FAVORITES THIS SEASON:
Sandals/Flip Flops (not sure why anyone would be wearing these in the winter anyways ha!)
Heels, Wedges or Pumps (unless you are wearing faux leather leggings and a dressy top)
WHAT DID YOU THINK?!
Did you find this post helpful? Did I miss anything? Comment your thoughts below! :)