In honor of Thanksgiving next week and "Friendsgiving" dinner with my girls tonight, I wanted to share with you all my very favorite mac and cheese bake recipe. This is by far one of the best dishes served every year and would make a delicious addition to your spread this year! I've added the recipe below- It's super easy to make... Enjoy!
- 1 lb. of shell pasta (My FAVORITE!!)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. flour
- 4 c. milk
- 6 c. shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 TB butter
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1. Boil pasta. In separate large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then slowly pour in 4 cups of milk and whisk until smooth. Heat to a low boil until thickened. Remove from heat.
2. Add hot pasta to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle 6 cups of shredded cheddar over the pasta then pour the thickened cream sauce on top. Let sit until the cheese has melted then stir together.
3. Melt 2 TB butter over medium heat in another pan, then add in bread crumbs. Stir constantly until golden brown (around 3 minutes). Then sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the mac and cheese.
4. Bake at 325 for 14-15 minutes.